In pursuance of the notification No. SO (A-I) 1-31/2008 dated 28.01.2021 issued by School Education Department, Govt. of the Punjab, the following schedule is hereby notified in order to conduct School Based Assessment (SBA) for Grade I to VIII by the District Education Authorities as per SoPs given thereunder:
|1||Conduct of SBA For Grades I -VIII||18th May- 31st May, 2021|
|2||Issuance of Report Cards by Schools||Before 10th June, 2021|
Standard Operating Procedures:-
- Mode of assessment of the academic session 2020-21 is 50% weightage for Homework and 50% weightage for MCQ based paper;
- Assessment for Grades I & II (English, Maths, General Knowledge and Urdu) will be Oral and instruments will be provided by the PEC;
- Item bank of 100 items per subject for Grade III to VIII of all core subjects (English, Maths, Science, Urdu, Computer Science, History & Geography and Islamiyat/Ethics) will be provided by PEC;
- Assessment of remaining / optional subjects will be prepared and conducted by school itself;
- Each MCQ paper will be of 25 items having 2 marks for each item with a duration of 60 minutes (in multiple sessions daily if needed) as per SoPs of Covid-19 issued by Govt. of the Punjab.
- Date sheet for SBA will be issued by the Head Teacher of the school as per above mentioned schedule.
- Punjab Examination Commission will establish a Control Room at provincial level for coordination / facilitation to District Education Authorities;